Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How A Belly Kiss Almost Made Me Cry

I was out with a 3 year old client today whose mom recently had a baby. (This is a client who notoriously does not like when any of the therapy team comes out to his home, and has been known to hit people when he wants attention or is mad, so I'm always on my guard). I was standing by his mom and he marched up to her with purpose, so I was all ready to block the incoming arm. Instead, he leaned over, puckered up, and very, very gently, kissed her on her belly. It was adorable. We all said, "awww" and attributed it to the fact that he had started being affectionate with her belly when she was pregnant.

But then, he walked up to me, leaned over, puckered up, and very, very gently kissed me on my belly. And I said to him and his mom, "Aw, that's so sweet, but there's no baby in my tummy!" But I really wished there was. And suddenly I felt very old, and very tired of working everyday (in a very demanding job, I might add!) but not fully enjoying what I do.

Today has been the kind of day that affirms the decisions I've been making lately, and really motivates me to get the whole process moving along quickly (well, as quickly as I can. I'm waiting on some phone calls). But other than that, I'm ready to get on track!

But today has also been the kind of day where I feel that I deserve a glass of wine and a cookie. And so, because I'm not pregnant and therefore I can, that is what I'm going to treat myself to. Tomorrow I'll tackle more of my to do list, but for tonight, I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment